Why Make Gay Art?

 

Hello there! And welcome to my blog!

My name is Fin and I hope to share with you the art I am creating for gay men. I have many projects currently in the works, and maybe you'll like one of them!

I tried to be a screenwriter of gay films for several years but did not meet much success. I have recently tried my hand at drawing though. I'm not the best, but I am trying my hardest because I believe that gay men deserve better... in pretty much every way they can get.  Better art. Better lives. A better world that is built for them just as much as it is built for their straight counterparts. I strongly believe the pleiotropic effects of a rich collective unconscious can have vast "freakonomic-like" changes on a given population, and I would like to do my part to help. 

I want you to live in a world where you can go to a theater and have a selection of 10 blockbuster action films just for gay men every Friday. I suspect that for most of us gay men, we have no idea the world our straight peers live in casually. Can you imagine 50% of the world being "available" in some "they could maybe be interested in me" sort of way feeling? Because I swear to you they live in some sort of constant flirt game that we as gay men are blind to happening constantly around us. 

That's because our reality is much closer to 5% of those around us. I believe that such differences can cause radically different views on life, happiness, and the world around you.

No matter the equality we may achieve in law, we still will be living different lives and be having different challenges than the majority. I know making art might not fix any of that. But if I can provide to you, what I think they get from the world normally, then I will have considered myself successful.

I plan on offering a lot of free content. THANK YOU for taking the time to give it a chance!

Comments

  1. Love the energy! We really do need to see a much wider variety of gay art and content, and it's great that we're seeing more people step up to fill that role.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for visiting and for your thoughts! I agree whole heartedly!

      Delete

Post a Comment